Voltar   Darkside > Darkside > Comunidade

Responder

Demé
Trooper

Question (OLD) Recorde nas paradas

27-07-06, 10:13 #1
Quote:
Floyd's 'Dark Side' Celebrates Chart Milestone

On March 17, 1973, a band in musical transition named Pink Floyd hit the Top 200 chart with the release of its new album, "Dark Side of the Moon." It entered the chart at No. 95, the top debut that week. And then a funny thing happened: It never left. Or almost never, anyway.

More than 14 years later -- 736 weeks to be precise -- in July 1988, it finally fell off The Billboard 200. Add in a later run on that chart and another 759 weeks on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart, and Pink Floyd, with this issue, reaches the staggering plane of 1,500 weeks on the charts.

It's difficult to contextualize just how singularly dominant a chart -- and cultural -- force the album has been. The runner-up for time served on The Billboard 200, Bob Marley and the Wailers' "Legend," is several years behind, and Floyd's lead in total chart weeks is greater Marley's by an almost 2-1 margin.

Label sources say "Dark Side" has sold roughly 40 million copies worldwide and still routinely moves 8,000-9,000 copies on a slow week. In fact, the album still often outpaces the low end of The Billboard 200, and every song on the more than 30-year-old record still gets radio play, with some among the most-played songs at classic rock stations monitored by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems.

"When the record was finished, I took a reel-to-reel copy home with me, and I remember playing it for my wife then, and her bursting into tears when it was finished," Pink Floyd principal Roger Waters tells Billboard. "And I thought, 'This has obviously struck a chord.' I was kinda pleased by that. I thought to myself, 'Wow, this is a pretty complete piece of work,' and I had every confidence that people would respond to it."

As previously reported, Waters plans to play the album in its entirety on his upcoming tour, an idea he says spawned from a request by Formula I.

"Somebody rather fancifully suggested Pink Floyd playing 'Dark Side of the Moon, and somebody else rather fancifully approached various people who said, 'Are you f***ing insane? It's not going to happen.' So they asked me ... The more I've worked on it, the more the idea has grown on me. I'm going downtown as we speak to work on visuals for 'Dark Side of the Moon' and the rest of the show. I've got a great band together, and I have every hope that we will do the work justice."
fonte: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/searc..._id=1002463719

venderam tanto la nos EUA q pelas estatísticas, 1 em cada 14 americanos tem o dark side of the moon em casa
o.O

Demé is offline   Reply With Quote
serjaum
Master Chief

Gamertag: serjaum
27-07-06, 10:35 #2
chega de pink floyd caralho

serjaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Mordred_X
Mandalorian

Steam ID: mordred_x
27-07-06, 10:42 #3
...E de Bruno e Marrone, antes que alguem fale algo!

Mordred_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Bombastic
The Alpha Male

27-07-06, 10:49 #4
B&M > pink floyd

Bombastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Demé
Trooper

27-07-06, 11:05 #5
naum =D
eu paro quando o jeep falar que ele está de saco cheio
enquanto tiver gente que gosta, vo falar
btw: vcs nao precisavam responder, inuteis

Demé is offline   Reply With Quote
K o R n
Trooper

27-07-06, 15:16 #6
What can I say!? Fucking amazing.

K o R n is offline   Reply With Quote
Fura Olho
wat

XFIRE ID: EmB_FuraOlho Steam ID: gustavomartino
27-07-06, 15:33 #7
vamos por isso no papel
pink floyd = 40 milhoes de discos em 33 anos (1973~2006)= 1,2 milhoes por ano
bruno e marrone = 6 milhoes de discos (2000~2006), sem levar em conta as tremendas facilidades de copiar um cd = 1 milhao de copias por ano

Fura Olho is offline   Reply With Quote
Camper
Trooper

20-08-06, 12:54 #8
vamos ver se daqui a 20 anos alguem lembra do bruno e marrone ainda

Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Never Ping
🌀 Trooper

Gamertag: Willian Braga PSN ID: Never_Ping XFIRE ID: neverping Steam ID: neverping
20-08-06, 13:30 #9
Eu tenho o CD original de "Dark Side of the moon".

É um CD que vc realmente não enjoa. Vc cansa de ouvir por uns tempos, mas não enjoa.

Never Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
SuckerBuster
Trooper

20-08-06, 13:38 #10
IUDUIASHDuiahsuidhasuid
boa Camper \o/

SuckerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
maxcool
Banned

PSN ID: atcasanova
20-08-06, 14:36 #11
camper e suckerbuster