Darkside  

Voltar   Darkside > Darkside > Comunidade

Responder

mojud
Trooper

Default Macfags cuidado!

04-08-12, 17:14 #1
Quote:
So maybe you saw my Twitter going nuts tonight. Or you saw Gizmodo’s Twitter account blow up. Or you saw this in AllThingsD. Or this in the DailyDot. Although embarrassing, Twitter was the least of it. In short, someone gained entry to my iCloud account, used it to remote wipe all of my devices, and get entry into other accounts too.*

Here’s what happened:

At 4:50 PM, someone got into my iCloud account, reset the password and sent the confirmation message about the reset to the trash. My password was a 7 digit alphanumeric that I didn’t use elsewhere. When I set it up, years and years ago, that seemed pretty secure at the time. But it’s not. Especially given that I’ve been using it for, well, years and years. My guess is they used brute force to get the password, and then reset it to do the damage to my devices.

The backup email address on my Gmail account is that same .mac email address. At 4:52 PM, they sent a Gmail password recovery email to the .mac account. Two minutes later, an email arrived notifying me that my Google Account password had changed.*

At 5:00 PM, they remote wiped my iPhone

At 5:01 PM, they remote wiped my iPad

At 5:05, they remote wiped my MacBook Air.

A few minutes after that, they took over my Twitter. Because, a long time ago, I had linked my Twitter to Gizmodo’s they were then able to gain entry to that as well.*

Here’s how I experienced it:

I was playing with my daughter, when my phone went dead. It then rebooted to the setup screen. This was irritating, but I wasn’t concerned. I assumed it was a software glitch. And, my phone automatically backs up every night. I just assumed it would be a pain in the ass, and nothing more. I entered my iCloud login to restore, and it wasn’t accepted. Again, I was irritated, but not alarmed.*

I went to connect it to my computer and restore from that backup—which I had just happened to do the other day. When I opened my laptop, an iCal message popped up telling me that my Gmail account information was wrong. Then the screen went gray, and asked for a four digit pin.

I didn’t have a four digit pin.*

By now, I knew something was very, very wrong. I walked to the hallway to grab my iPad from my work bag. It had been reset too. I couldn’t turn on my computer, my iPad, or iPhone.

I used my wife’s iPhone to call Apple tech support. While on hold, I grabbed her laptop and tried to log into gmail. My password had changed. I couldn’t reset it either because the backup went to iCloud, where my password had also changed.*

I checked Twitter, and saw someone had just sent a tweet from that account. I tried to log into Gmail again, and now it told me that my Google account had been deleted. The way to restore it was to send a text message to my phone which I didn’t (and still do not) have access to.

Apple tech support couldn’t verify any of my information—my address, my credit card number, anything — as supporting information. They had me log into the website, where I was able to again change my password. After nearly an hour and a half on the phone, I realized they were spelling my last name incorrectly. They were looking at someone else’s account. Once we cleared that hurdle, well, actually not very much changed. They weren’t able to stop the wipe on my Macbook. Or give me a pin to log into it. Or give me immediate access to my phone. They couldn’t do much of anything, actually. Although they did set an appointment for me at the Genius bar tomorrow.*Actually, I did that, later, when I called the store myself.*

Anyway.

At some point in this time, Joe Brown, my friend and editor from Gizmodo, called my wife’s phone to make sure we knew what was going on. We did, but I seriously appreciated the moral support, and felt like a jerk for fucking up Gizmodo’s twitter. He and Gawker’s Scott Kidder then got on the phone with contacts at Google and Twitter trying to help me put the brakes on.*A friend at Twitter helped expedite the request to suspend the account, which stopped the tweeting.*That was really, really solid. Thank you.*

I still can’t get into Gmail. My phone and iPads are down (but are restoring). Apple tells me that the remote wipe is likely irrecoverable without serious forensics. Because I’m a jerk who doesn’t back up data, I’ve lost at more than a year’s worth of photos, emails, documents, and more. And, really, who knows what else.*
tl,dr: senha fraca no icloud e o dono do twitter do gizmodo perdeu todos os dados do iphone, ipad, mac e a conta do gmail

mojud is offline   Reply With Quote
Never Ping
🌀 Trooper

Gamertag: Willian Braga PSN ID: Never_Ping XFIRE ID: neverping Steam ID: neverping
04-08-12, 17:20 #2
Bagulho tenso.

Por isso que eu acho que manter os dados na Cloud é ruim.

Never Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Many Kalaveraa
The real (1)

XFIRE ID: Mannyy Steam ID: 76561197992661279
04-08-12, 17:20 #3
Medo

Many Kalaveraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Eluan
Trooper

Steam ID: eluancm
04-08-12, 17:35 #4
Remote wipe? Seriously?
Se é pro ladrão não pegar seus arquivos, melhor criptografar do que permitir remote wipe.

Eluan is offline   Reply With Quote
MdKBooM
Trooper

04-08-12, 17:46 #5
Putz

MdKBooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Never Ping
🌀 Trooper

Gamertag: Willian Braga PSN ID: Never_Ping XFIRE ID: neverping Steam ID: neverping
04-08-12, 17:49 #6
Quote:
Postado por Eluan Mostrar Post
Remote wipe? Seriously?
Se é pro ladrão não pegar seus arquivos, melhor criptografar do que permitir remote wipe.
Tive amigos que perderam o iPhone e fizeram o remote wipe. É útil neste caso.

Eluan
Trooper

Steam ID: eluancm
04-08-12, 17:58 #7
Mas se estivesse criptografado com a senha que usa pra ligar, não haveria necessidade...

Eluan is offline   Reply With Quote
deadcow
Trooper

Gamertag: deadcaw PSN ID: deadcaw
04-08-12, 18:08 #8
entao fazer brute force em icloud accounts é bom negócio? humm

deadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Never Ping
🌀 Trooper

04-08-12, 18:22 #9
Quote:
Postado por deadcow Mostrar Post
entao fazer brute force em icloud accounts é bom negócio? humm
Sim, agora precisamos saber o login do iTunes do Eon.

SparkS
Trooper

04-08-12, 18:37 #10
hueiahiehaiehuae

SparkS is offline   Reply With Quote
roadster
Banned

04-08-12, 19:02 #11
porra eh quase impossivel fazer senha facil, precisa de nao sei quantos digito inicial maiusculs e numeros

roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Jeep
fagmin

XFIRE ID: ds-jeep Steam ID: jeep_ds
04-08-12, 19:03 #12
icloud nao tem versionamento? apagou, ja era?

Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
mojud
Trooper

04-08-12, 20:02 #13
Boa pergunta... nunca testei...

Agora, tem softwares especializados em quebrar os dados armazenados, ou seja, se quem invadiu tiver baixado os dados antes de apagar, pode ter acesso a tudo! Contatos, mensagens, emails, dados de aplicativo, fotos etc.

ragauskas
Trooper

Steam ID: ragauskas
04-08-12, 20:47 #14
CUIDADO AE GOSTOSAS, OS BOY VAO PEGA TODAS FOTOS NUAS!

RIARIARIA

ragauskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Never Ping
🌀 Trooper

04-08-12, 20:49 #15
Quote:
Postado por Jeep Mostrar Post
icloud nao tem versionamento? apagou, ja era?
Tem versionamento sim, mas acontece que quando vc pede WIPE é pra WIPAR SEM DÓ.

Eon
Trooper

04-08-12, 22:39 #16
Milhões de coisas podem ter acontecido se o cara usa a mesma senha há anos.

Mas na boa, perder o controle da conta do icloud é a pior coisa que poderia acontecer com um macfag. rs.

Aqui eu levaria wipe em 5 dispositivos, fora a possibilidade do cara comprar N coisas no itunes e depois vir a cobrança no cartão de crédito. Ehauehauehuaeh.

Run to the hills.

Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
roadster
Banned

05-08-12, 09:42 #17
oq eh esse versionamento ai e wipe?

roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Kensha
Trooper

Gamertag: ksnrodrigoms PSN ID: rodrigo_machado
05-08-12, 11:36 #18
haseuihaseuihase roadster

volta pro teu topico mano
por favor

Kensha is offline   Reply With Quote
Never Ping
🌀 Trooper

05-08-12, 11:52 #19
Quote:
Postado por roadster Mostrar Post
Versionamento: Guardar estados do seu iDevice em momentos de sync.

Ex: "o estado do meu computador / telefone / tablete no dia 07/07/2012"

wipe: Passar o sarrafo.

Ex: Loga no iTunes e pede um Wipe do seu Mac.

Eon
Trooper

05-08-12, 15:02 #20
Se bem que esse negócio de wipe no notebook é algo que assusta mais os PC fags do que os macfags precavidos.

Porque no PC passar o sarrafo numa máquina com windows significa quase sempre perder meses de trabalho e customizações no sistema.

Mas nós macfags temos timemachine, ou seja, a gente pode por fogo no notebook, comprar outro completamente diferente, voltar no tempo o quanto a gente quiser e ressuscitar o sistema numa data específica exatamente como ele estava antes da tragédia. E pode desfazer tudo, fazer de novo, e restaurar o que quiser quando quiser, independente de versões de sistema, ou perfis de hardware.

Wow, it's magic. And it just works.

Melhor que isso só se a gente pudesse avançar no tempo, pegar do backup futuro trabalhos prontos e faturar no presente.

Holocaust
Trooper

Steam ID: holozinho
05-08-12, 15:14 #21
lol como se nao houvessem apps semelhantes pro windows
e outra, prefiro o sistema q to usando agora. fica tudo nas nuvens e em vários pcs ao mesmo tempo, inclusive no meu iphone

Holocaust is offline   Reply With Quote
deadcow
Trooper

05-08-12, 15:15 #22
huuhauhauhuheuae Eon cada vez mais engraçado.. preenche a ficha da praça é nossa aqui vai..

Eon
Trooper

05-08-12, 15:22 #23
Quote:
Postado por Holocaust Mostrar Post
lol como se nao houvessem apps semelhantes pro windows
e outra, prefiro o sistema q to usando agora. fica tudo nas nuvens e em vários pcs ao mesmo tempo, inclusive no meu iphone
Holo, não existem apps semelhantes para o windows.

Sim, eu testei todos.

Abraço macfag.

EDIT: [SPOILER]Aliás, não precisa nem dizer que você nunca usou o timemachine. É simplesmente ridículo comparar o que se faz nele com as "alternativas" que existem pra windows! Conforme-se, windows é tosco nisso. aehauehauehae.

Last edited by Eon; 05-08-12 at 15:28..
deadcow
Trooper

05-08-12, 15:55 #24
http://www.emptyage.com/post/2867987...as-hacked-hard

update: foi eng.social contra o suporte tecnico da Apple.. parabens eon! hahuahue

Never Ping
🌀 Trooper

05-08-12, 17:10 #25
"No system is fool-protected" Attrition.org

Holocaust
Trooper

Steam ID: holozinho
06-08-12, 05:43 #26
Ae eon
So pra constar, eu uso mac
E sim, ha alternativas pra windows
Bjos

Holocaust is offline   Reply With Quote
seuboi
manboipig

Steam ID: seuboi
06-08-12, 08:06 #27
Quote:
Postado por roadster Mostrar Post

guardando pra posterioridade

ps: ignora o np, versionamento é a capacidade de armazenamento do teu computador (dados em GB) e wipe é dar um upgrade, ele baixa um novo mapa de circuito impresso e melhora o rendimento do teu processador, do it

seuboi is offline   Reply With Quote
lol

PSN ID: dasouzaj Steam ID: davihey
06-08-12, 08:59 #28
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fdp.

lol is offline   Reply With Quote
zorba
Trooper

Steam ID: luizkowalski
06-08-12, 09:23 #29

zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
lol

PSN ID: dasouzaj Steam ID: davihey
06-08-12, 09:24 #30

lol is offline   Reply With Quote
vegetous
Trooper

XFIRE ID: carniceiru
06-08-12, 09:39 #31
nego é muito filho da puta, já tinham fodido com a conta do twitter que eu imagino que fosse o objetivo, pra que apagar os dados pessoais do cara? é escrotice em cima de escrotice!

vegetous is offline   Reply With Quote
mojud
Trooper

06-08-12, 11:59 #32
tomara que nego não de wipe no carrinho da nasa em marte...

colher
tony

Steam ID: spooneta
06-08-12, 12:04 #33
macbook + boot camp = win

colher is offline   Reply With Quote
Eon
Trooper

06-08-12, 13:57 #34
Quote:
Postado por Holocaust Mostrar Post
Ae eon
So pra constar, eu uso mac
E sim, ha alternativas pra windows
Bjos
Cite nomes, por favor.

Vai ser um prazer fazer um comparativo das tralhas do windows com o timemachine.

Lembrando que eu testei todas as soluções, e sei inclusive o que funciona na teoria e não funciona na prática. rs.

Obrigado.

Aqualung
Trooper

Gamertag: Mr Aqualungz Steam ID: Aqualunguer
06-08-12, 14:02 #35
Na real não foi brute force pelo o que li, foi social engineering.

Um cara ligou na Apple e fez o reset de senha sem responder pergunta secreta ou algo assim.

Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
mojud
Trooper

06-08-12, 14:23 #36
Foi isso mesmo...

vegetous
Trooper

XFIRE ID: carniceiru
11-08-12, 11:28 #37
http://blogs.forumpcs.com.br/julio_p...sta-mat-honan/

não tô acompanhando, mas ele fez acordo com o cara, simplesmente pro cara contar como invadiu? ele perdeu todas as fotos da filha e não vai se preocupar em fuder o máximo possível a vida do cara?

vegetous is offline   Reply With Quote
starbolt
Trooper

12-08-12, 08:36 #38
Backups - você só lembra deles quando perde tudo.

starbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
percezione
Trooper

Steam ID: brunorei
12-08-12, 09:50 #39
O vírus mais disseminado no mundo apple ainda eh o HIV

percezione is offline   Reply With Quote
Blazed
Trooper

12-08-12, 10:23 #40
( 1 )

Blazed is offline   Reply With Quote