Jeep
fagmin

XFIRE ID: ds-jeep Steam ID: jeep_ds
Default 19 liberados, siguen usteds. Animo

24-03-18, 11:57 #1
https://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/74...ecode-hostages

How the Colombian army sent a hidden message to hostages… using a pop song

Quote:
The team began experimenting with Morse code using various percussion instruments and a keyboard. They learned that operators skilled in Morse code can often read the signals at a rate of 40 words per minute — but played that fast, the beat would sound like a European Dance track. "We discovered the magic number was 20," says Portela. "You can fit approximately 20 Morse code words into a piece of music the length of a chorus, and it sounds okay."

With the help of a military policeman skilled in Morse, they coded the message: "19 people rescued. You are next. Don’t lose hope." It was a signal to boost morale and indicate that help was nearby. Portela wrote the song and the lyrics with composer Amaury Hernandez, creating a thinly-veiled ballad about life as a hostage: "In the middle of the night / Thinking about what I love the most / I feel the need to sing… About how much I miss them." He even added the lyric, "Listen to this message, brother," just before the coded message kicks in. The code sounds like a brief synth interlude just after the chorus.

Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Chronos
Caldas

PSN ID: lschronos2 Steam ID: lschronos
26-03-18, 11:35 #2
Muito foda!

Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Responder

Regras de postagem